Biomechanics and Custom-made Orthotics
Biomechanics is the study of the mechanics of human movement, specifically how the skeletal and muscular systems work together to produce movement.
In podiatry, biomechanics refers to the study of the structure, function, and movement of the foot and ankle.
Our Custom-made orthotics are specialized shoe inserts that are designed to support and improve the biomechanics of the feet and ankles. They are prescribed by podiatrists to address a range of foot and ankle conditions, including flat feet, high arches, plantar fasciitis, and Achilles tendinitis.
Free Your Feet orthotics are made from a mold or scan of the patient’s feet, which allows for a precise fit and customized support. The orthotics are designed to correct abnormal foot mechanics and improve alignment, which can help reduce pain, improve balance, and enhance athletic performance.
The benefits of our custom-made orthotics include:
- Improved foot mechanics: Custom-made orthotics can help improve lower limb alignment, which can reduce stress on the feet, ankles, knees, hips, and lower back.
- Reduced pain: Custom-made orthotics can help alleviate foot, ankle and leg pain caused by a variety of conditions. Common such conditions could include plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendinitis, and flat feet.
- Enhanced athletic performance: Custom-made orthotics can help improve biomechanical alignment of the foot, ankle and lower limb and reduce fatigue, which can enhance athletic performance.
- Better support: Custom-made orthotics are designed to provide customized support for each patient’s unique foot structure and biomechanics.
Overall, our custom-made orthotics can be an effective treatment option for a range of foot and ankle conditions. They can help improve foot mechanics, reduce pain, and enhance athletic performance, ultimately leading to improved quality of life for patients.
Custom Made Orthotics
- Customized to the patient
- Correct Gait Problems
- Additional support for the foot
- Designed to be comfortable and fit snugly
- Lightweight, which makes them easier to wear and less noticeable in footwear
- Designed for various types of footwear,
- Orthotics can be adjusted over time to accommodate changes